Man, this post is really stupidly timed. Not only is not Friday, but my birthday was yesterday! Haha, I’ve had it in the works for days, but I’ve been laying low to fight off a nasty sinus infection, so c’est la vie. I’m feeling better now and was able to have a perfect little low-key gathering of friends last night with board games and pizza. Just what I wanted! :)
The following items are ones I’ve asked friends and family for specifically, things I’ve been considering buying for myself as a birthday present, aaaand a couple dream items.
1. Blue Rosette Dress by Caitlin Shearer | This one has actually become very bittersweet. This dress was what Andrew was going to get me for my birthday, but I didn’t realize until the last minute that I misread the listing and didn’t realize the sizes were AUS! It doesn’t actually come in my size! I’m completely heart broken, but I’ve contacted Caitlin and we’ll see if I can beg her to make something, ANYTHING in my size because I’ve been dying for one of her pieces for ages. :(
2. Doc Martens | I’ve wanted a pair of Doc Marten boots for years–probably a decade of thrift store hunting at this point. They’ve proven to be such a great fashion staple. They’ll last forever, go with almost any outfit, and are pretty much timeless at this point. I need to just commit and finally buy a pair!
3. Catherine Street Pipa Bag by Kate Spade | Haha, this is my dream item, but I recently saw this bag in person and I just melted. LOVE. In the past few years, I’ve made a resolution to cut back and only buy high quality bags once every year or two. I used to buy cheap purses every few months from Target or the mall, but they end up dying painful, ugly deaths. Who knows, maybe I’ll go nuts and indulge in this baby for my 2013 bag.
4. Ida Heels by B.A.I.T. Footwear | Another pair of shoes I’ve been wanting for ages. So cute and they’re available in the dreamiest ice cream colors!
5. Betsey Johnson Alligator Ring | I specifically told all my friends that I wanted to start collecting Betsy Johnson jewelry and they did not disappoint! I didn’t get my alligator ring–I foolishy walked away from it in Nordstrom Rack months ago and have regretted it ever since–but I got lots of other glittery goodies that I can’t wait to share with you guys!
6. Dress Form | I want a dress form to make my sewing habit easier! I always try to work without patterns or modify them to fit me and it’s so annoying to keep taking it on and off as I work. I always sit there sewing in my underwear! Haha.
7. Hime Gyaru Nails by Aya’s Kawaii Mono Ya San | I looove Japanese nail art. I want to start a collection of fake nail sets, too!